I'm Convinced.

Hello Dr. Bob,

I'm sorry, but I'm quite convinced now that my symptoms equal ARS.

They appeared approx. 6 weeks post exposure which was receptive oral sex (I sucked him) with little to no pre-cum that I tasted and he fingered me (but I made him wash his hands beforehand).

Then I got a sore throat and diarrhea and a fever of 98 degrees. You may say well 98 degrees does not constitute a fever, but it would have been more if not for the Advil I was taking. At least I think it would have. I was taking Advil for my general malaise. This all lasted about 3 days. I feel fine now. I get indigestion now and then, but that can be from my non-fucking-stop worrying.

My only question to you is this: is there any hope you can give me that I should not be worrying?

45 seconds of sucking his small dick, tasting (I think) some precum (it touched my tongue if anything) and I sero-convert 6 weeks later.

I know my symptoms ARE worrisome of ARS. Headache, stuffy head, sore throat, stuffy, itchy ears too, and that horrible one...diarrhea.

I know my potential risk of exposure was very very low, but I also know my symptoms are consistent with ARS.

I await your kind words. Please...if you could offer me anything until my next appointment with my therapist and pyschiatrist who are helping me cope with my fears.

Do I have anything to be legitamately afraid of? If so I can let them know and we can take it from there.

Thank you.

Well you may be "convinced," but I certainly am not! You may "know (your) symptoms are worrisome of ARS." I, on the other hand, know they are not. We both, however, agree your potential HIV risk was "very, very low."

My only advice is for you to try to move up the appointments with your therapist and psychiatrist. Your fears remain irrational and unwarranted. Your problem is fear and anxiety, not HIV!

CMV-related
HIV Test validity (Geodesic Meditech HIV TEST YOURSELF test kit )