Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I'm Convinced.
Apr 23, 2008

Hello Dr. Bob,

I'm sorry, but I'm quite convinced now that my symptoms equal ARS.

They appeared approx. 6 weeks post exposure which was receptive oral sex (I sucked him) with little to no pre-cum that I tasted and he fingered me (but I made him wash his hands beforehand).

Then I got a sore throat and diarrhea and a fever of 98 degrees. You may say well 98 degrees does not constitute a fever, but it would have been more if not for the Advil I was taking. At least I think it would have. I was taking Advil for my general malaise. This all lasted about 3 days. I feel fine now. I get indigestion now and then, but that can be from my non-fucking-stop worrying.

My only question to you is this: is there any hope you can give me that I should not be worrying?

45 seconds of sucking his small dick, tasting (I think) some precum (it touched my tongue if anything) and I sero-convert 6 weeks later.

I know my symptoms ARE worrisome of ARS. Headache, stuffy head, sore throat, stuffy, itchy ears too, and that horrible one...diarrhea.

I know my potential risk of exposure was very very low, but I also know my symptoms are consistent with ARS.

I await your kind words. Please...if you could offer me anything until my next appointment with my therapist and pyschiatrist who are helping me cope with my fears.

Do I have anything to be legitamately afraid of? If so I can let them know and we can take it from there.

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Well you may be "convinced," but I certainly am not! You may "know (your) symptoms are worrisome of ARS." I, on the other hand, know they are not. We both, however, agree your potential HIV risk was "very, very low."

My only advice is for you to try to move up the appointments with your therapist and psychiatrist. Your fears remain irrational and unwarranted. Your problem is fear and anxiety, not HIV!

Dr. Bob

Previous
CMV-related
Next
HIV Test validity (Geodesic Meditech HIV TEST YOURSELF test kit )

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.