I'm a nail biter

I am paranoid to begin with, but this has brought that to a different level for me. I am a 27yr old gay man. I have a nervous tendency to bite my nails and cuticles. I recently had an encounter where I was fingering another guy, with a couple fingers ... it was dark and I didnt realize that he was bleeding. I noticed when I went to put on a condom that I had blood all over my hand and running down my wrist. I immediately ran to the restroom washing my hand with hot water and soap. The guy I was with told me a should scrub it good ... adding, "I'm Positive". I freaked a little than went home. Since then, now 2 days, I have not been able to sleep and have gone through a small panic attack. How bad are my risks? I do have some redness around my cuticles from the nail biting.

If the skin was intact, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent, as HIV cannot permeate intact skin. However, if the skin were not intact, there would be a potential risk for HIV transmission. Overall I would advise your risk remains low, but HIV testing at the three-month mark is definitely warranted. I'd also suggest:

1. Give up the nail biting habit. It's not sexy!

2. Don't turn all the lights off when having sex! It can be way more fun (and potentially safer) if you have a better view and watch the action!

healing time on tongue for HIV+
Many thanks form the UK