nothing else to say just need your help

Dear dr bob,

Its me again. I know you have nothing else to offer and your diagnosis remains the same that I am HIV negative, but the thing is that I am having symptoms of HIV and that is bothering me a lot especially when doctor told me that I have got Athletes foot (fungal infection). Why would I get white tongue?? I have done fungus culture on my tongue and it says that fungi not found. Then what the hell is it? And how come I got fungal infection on my feet!! Then I did cd4 and cd8 counts. My cd4 is 787 and cd4% is 39.4. my cd8 is 737 and its percentage is 37%. Although it is within the limit dont you think it is high compared with the people I read on our site having cd8 of 350 or 400? My cd4:cd8 ratio is 1.05. I have done ora quick advance hiv1/hiv2, Icma from labcorp hiv1/0/2, EIA from quest hiv1/2, pcr dna and rna from labcorp stating viral load undetected. I have occasional night sweats although not drenching. When I walk the white tounge seems to grow even more. I did Mumps, measles and rubella test. It was in grey zone and said my immune system has been activated. I am not able to come out from this mess. As I have said it before that I had sex with thai CSW in sep 2006 and it is now almost 19 months. Sometimes my stomach noises of gas in it. I have no idea what to do?? Please help

Having "symptoms of HIV" and actually "having HIV" are two very different things!

Why are you getting so bummed out about athlete's foot??? It's an extremely common condition. Just ask any athlete! The vast, vast, vast majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS.

As for your white tongue, I cannot diagnose the cause over the Internet. You've had fungal cultures done and fungi were not found! Therefore what we know for certain is that the cause is neither HIV nor fungus! I suggest you check with your dentist!

Your CD4 and CD8 counts are completely normal! You've had an array of HIV tests, including Advance HIV-1/HIV-2, ICMA, EIA, PCR DNA and PCR RNA, all of which are negative. This amount of testing is not only unnecessary it is also highly excessive. Now exactly what part of HIV negative are you having difficultly understanding? Your problem is not HIV; it's fear of HIV. In other words your problem is not virological, but rather psychological. You are correct: My assessment remains unchanged and I have nothing else to offer you. However, I would suggest you seek the help of a psychologist or psychiatrist who can help you accept the truly wonderful news that you are HIV negative. Bring a copy of my comments to your first visit and show it to your therapist. It will help focus your treatment.

Good luck. Remember, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

I am not going to stop? Apr 8, 2008

Dear Dr bob,

This is the fourth time i am writing to you.I know you have to answer lots and lots of people and so i have no compliant at all.But if you can answer my question i can concentrate on other things. I am from new zealand.I had sex with two thai CSW in august 2006 and sep 2006.I had condom on,but didn't know if it was latex or??With one i had vaginal sex and with another i had vaginal and anal sex.Everything was ok uptil april 2007.then i had eczema and my serum IGE level went to 1010.I had MMR test done and it said that my immune system has been activated.Then my tounge became white,i had night sweats and the skin on my fingers and palm got so dry that it became to crack.I had hiv test.Ora quick advance,icma from labcorp and eia from quest all are negative.i have eitching in my recturm? Do i have to worry about hiv? i am afrid that test in USA are not able to detect Hiv which i might have got from thai CSW?I am in USA.

Your multiple negative HIV tests out to seven months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. There is no reason to question the validity of your HIV assays done in the U.S.

Your symptoms, including the sky-high IgE level, itching and dryness, are classic signs and symptoms of eczema. You should see a dermatologist to help you manage your eczema problem.

Stop worrying about HIV and begin WOO-HOOing that you dodged the HIV bullet.

Remember to play safe to stay well, OK?

HIV test results (PREGNANCY) (INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT)
RE: Help A Marine Out?