Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Almost married guy just want to thank you
Apr 21, 2008

Dr Bob,

i am married. didn't check back and realise you answer my follow up question.

No QUESTION attached. Just a pure pure warm thank you. I really appreciate what you have done for me and let me get through one of the hardest moment. I really felt terrible at that time till i got saved by you :).

I thank you so much. And thanks for answering 2 of my questions. I appreciate it and always remember how u contributed to the society as well as make true my actions that i promise.

Thanks so much, Dr Frascino, wish you the best in everything you do !!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Congratulations on your recent wedding! Thanks for your thanks and kind comments.

Be well. Be happy.

Dr. Bob

3rd time asking. Pledge to donate. Going to Marry Guy Pleads! Apr 1, 2008

Hi Dr BOB,

i really am very panicky over the issue which i experience. it's hard for me to go for any doctors now as i am 1 week away from my wedding.

I am really panicky over the incident where i was out clubbing. There was this girl she was drinking my glass of water, and when i realise it, the water has a stint of reddish most probably because of her gum disease.

I later without thinking drank the water which she contaminated. I later found out that she is HIv positive.

I have lots of ulcers in my mouth and i was having a sore throat at that time.

is it a possible way of transmission? Mouth blood -> Ice Plain water -> my mouth's ulcer ?

Please answer me dr bob. I am worrying every second and is having thoughts about committing into anything before i get your assurance Your reply will very much change One's life (that is me) so that i can move forward.

I will definately donate as i feel that this website provides many people from all countries a oppotunity to talk to a doctor as well as get infomation they need. They feel secure getting the infomation here because it is run by capable people. Please Dr Frascino, i will donate good amount constantly for months. I wouldn't forget what this website provides for me. All the infomation which help myself cool down and lastly your assurance. Thanks ..

Hi Almost Married Guy,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is so remote it is essentially nonexistent. HIV is not spread by casual contact. Even with the possibility your clubbing gal pal had gum disease, the amount of potentially infectious fluids that would have made it into your ice water would not have been sufficient to transmit the virus. Besides, HIV does not live very long outside the body. I see absolutely no cause for worry. Although I don't feel it's medically necessary, if you would feel better about your upcoming trip down the aisle and ultimately to the honeymoon mattress, why not level with your soon-to-be wife and if she's concerned, use condoms for your nookie until the three-month definitive HIV test. The result will undoubtedly be negative. But if you want that absolute level of protection and the psychological reassurance that a formal negative HIV test result can bring, this is one way you can have it all.

Thanks for your pledge to make a tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma for your upcoming marriage and also that your HIV test (if you decide to take it) will be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Almost married guy, thank DR BOB for helping me pull through ! Apr 3, 2008

Just to confirm, even with abit of blood flowing to the ice water, and my ulcers and sore throat, the transmission is still essentially non-existant ?

Leaving problems with the psychological aside, do i still need to take a 3 months test ? Is it risky enough to take the 3 month test ? If your answer is no, i think it's good enough for me psycologically.

Thanks DR BOB, i am fully relieved upon receiving your answer. Do you know that your professional assurance, really made me feel much much better and can move on with my life and perhaps my most IMPORTANT stage of my life.

i think i owe you one, and do not thank me for pledging, let me thank you instead ok ? Thanks Dr Frascino.

Hello Almost Married Guy,

Yep! That's confirmed! Transmission risk is nonexistent.

Leaving the psychological reassurance issue aside, I see no reason for HIV testing.

Finally, how about we both agree to thank each other?!? Plus, I get to congratulate you as you make that trip down the aisle!

So, congrats and thanks!!!!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thanks
Next
Feeling a bit flat (DISCLOSURE) (REJECTION)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.