Hypochondriac - but I finally took the test!

Dear Doc, I am a 22 year old girl with severe fears about HIV - get this - ever since I saw a stupid Lifetime original movie about it a few months ago. I have severe anxiety and panic attacks and worried about having many other illnesses before, but this triggered me into out of control panic over HIV for months. It was taking over my life. I developed a whitish coating on my tongue from all the stress. I immediately thought to myself "this is it, it's thrush, I have AIDS". I knew I had to get tested, but the thought literally made me want to throw up out of fear. But after a huge panic attack where I could barely breathe, see, think, or move after I saw an HIV awareness ad on TV, I couldn't wait any longer. Yesterday my best friend and I went out and got tested. We did the appointment together, and the woman who worked with us was so nice. She explained to me that based on my history I had a very low chance of having HIV. She was really helpful and answered all my questions and actually put me more at ease than I ever thought possible. I am still very, very nervous about getting the results, as my anxiety has been totally out of control for the past year (I've tried so many SSRIs and so far, none have helped), so I thought I would ask you to please send your famous Good Luck Karma over my way. I would also like to say to everyone out there who is worried...get tested. If I could do it, trust me, you can! I almost tossed my cookies in the parking lot, but by the end of the appointment I felt better than I have in months. Bring a friend to hold your hand, OK?

Hoping to WOO HOO in a couple of weeks,

Jessi

PS - Your picture is so cute! You have a great smile.

Hi Jessi,

Dr. Bob's good-luck/good-health karma signed, sealed and sent with a kiss. I'd suggest you begin practicing your WOO-HOOs, as I'm very confident you'll be needing them very soon.

Be well. Good luck.

Made Big Mistake Desperate fr an answer, please answer my question
What is the risk?