tiny pimple like red spots around my eyes

Im a 40 year old male who first tested HIV+ in November 2007, with a CD4% of 11% and VL of 56000. Was tested again 10 weeks later in February 2008 with CD4% of 10% and VL of 175000. I started treatment immediately, with Sustiva + Viread + Emtriva. ( Im living in eastern Europe where Atripla is not available yet and I would like to take it when it is) After 5 weeks of treatment my CD4% rose to 18% and VL dropped to only 64. Im very happy with the results.

Now my question. About a year ago I started to get these tiny pimple like red spots around my eyes. I went to skin specialist who could not really tell me what the problem was. They just gave me various creams that made it go away, only to return when I stopped using them. At the moment Im using Elocom, which I believe contains a steroid. I dont really want to use these ointments and would like to find out what the problem is.

This problem started around the time that Im assuming my immune system began to be compromised, could it be related to my HIV? If so is there something I can do to stop it or can I expect it to go away in time as my immune system gets stronger?

Also in November I had a strange sore above my lip, it apparently was not a herpes blister. It was thought it may be syphilis and was what made me have that fateful HIV/Syphilis test in November. I tested negative for syphilis. This sore lasted about 6 weeks and has left a noticable scar. I feel this sore was directly related to my compromised immune system, could it also be related to these recurring red spots around my eyes? (Fortunately I have not had any other HIV related problems)

Love reading your responses, your always very helpful and scintillating!

Thanks!

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose the cause of your "red spots" over the Internet without the benefit of an examination. Could they be related to HIV? Certainly it's possible. If the dermatologist you saw was unable to diagnose the problem, I'd suggest you get a second opinion from an HIV-knowledgeable dermatologist (your HIV specialist should be able to recommend someone in your area). Will your condition improve as your immune functioning and CD4 counts improve? If the condition is related to immune deficiency, it's certainly possible.

Good luck!

Statistically Significant or not?
Responding to your answer-very well put to say the least