Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please please help
Apr 20, 2008

dear dr bob plase help please i need you opinion so much im so scared please in 2001, 2004, 2007, i had elisa antibody tests for hiv all negative but my last exposure was in dec 1999 and at the end of 2007 i was tols i had no ankle reflexes and by my neuroligist, and still i have burning and vibrations on both sides of my feet so i am really questioning my tests for hiv but heres the other thing in 2007 i also was checked for all three kinds of hepatitis and type -b- and -c- were negative but type-a- was positive, all three were elisa third generation tests but what i am so scared about is this pn. so do you think that if my immune system sounds ok if it made antibodies to hep-a- that hopefully it would be good enough to have made antibodies to hiv on all these tests please dr will you tell me what you think if i have this and i gave this to my kids and husband i am really worried about what they will do to me because i am from the middle east but am american i moved here about 4 yrs ago and i dont think the neurologist has enough experince to detect hiv related neuropathy and all the elisa tests were in america the one for hepatitis was in egypt please if i did this i dont know what his family will do to me or if i wll go to jail please dr do you think my immune system is ok please matter of life and death if i do have hiv and pn do you know how much longer i have before i start to get really sick please help i might have to go back to america but he is holding my children here and wont let them go thank you dr and GOD BLESS

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You've had repeatedly negative HIV tests out to eight years from the time of your last potential HIV exposure. These tests are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

I cannot diagnose the cause of your "burning" feet over the Internet; however, I can tell you what's not causing the problem: It's not HIV! No additional HIV testing is warranted. Continue to work with a good neurologist on your foot problems. There are many potential causes for these types of symptoms that have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. Stop worrying about a disease you could not possibly have!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried about HIV infection query from India
Next
unwashed clothes (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN STD BY MASTURBATION)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.