Happy Times

Dear Doc

Well, as you predicted the tests came back negative! Obviously only at 6 weeks but my GP advised me that i'd be the first healthy young adult she had personally dealt with who took more than 6 weeks to seroconvert.

Nevertheless, whilst somersaulting WOOHOOS are in order, one must remain calm and collected so we'll be repeating this little exercise in a further 6 weeks.

Doc I just want to thank you again for your patience and understanding for the legions of human fools who come to you with the sad stories of debauchery and excess almost always because they feel sorry for themselves and would literally be able to discharge a coconut through their unsavoury nether regions out of sheer unwarranted fear.

After the panic of my little tag team effort settled down and I started reading more of the posts of others, I realised just what a bunch of overreactive cry-babies most of us are.

HIV is a terrible scourge on the face of this planet, but thankfully through responsible and mature behaviour we can beat it. Of course there are many people who acquire HIV through no fault of their own, but for most of us it really comes down to applying one's mind a little before taking one's tallywacker(or cracker) for a spot of white-water-rafting.

As dollaros are no my currency of constant use (nor of choice at the moment) I'll wait to cash in some unused travellers cheques and send you another donation for the work you do. You truly are one of the best HIV prevention specialists on the web (probably "the best" but I'm told HIV experts are the jealous/possessive/call at 2am type).

Anyway, I'll drop a note in 6 weeks time to confirm the good news.

All the best to you and decades of continued good health! God knows you deserve it!

Regards J

Hello J,

Remaining calm while doing somersaulting WOO-HOOs requires great skill and talent. BRAVO! I can hardly wait to see what you'll do at the three-month mark. Cirque du Soleil look out!

Help. Trying to deal with this for 6-years (POSITIVE ELIZA AND NEGATIVE WESTERN BLOT)
change in the shape of my fingernails