False Postive HIV
Apr 19, 2008
I have been sent a note home from the Blood Donor saying im false postive... what does this mean? my HIV1/2 came up positive and my western blot came up negative... im scared i dont know if i am HIV negative or not... what should i do?
Response from Dr. Frascino
"False" positive, as the name implies, means that your positive result was indeed false! In other words you are HIV negative!
A positive HIV-1/2 ELISA (the more "sensitive" test) followed by a negative Western Blot (the more "specific" test) is considered to be a negative HIV-screening test.
What should you do? That's easy. You should yell "WOO-HOO!" because you are HIV negative! You can read more about HIV tests in the archives.
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sharing A Toothbrush
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.