Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

still worried
Apr 18, 2008

Dear doctor bob,

I had a sexual exposure on 20th August 2007.it was penile vaginal intercourse with women of unknown hiv status. I tested negative at end of three month, then again at 4.5 months. Finally, I tested on 19th February 2008, a day short of six months. The result was negative. Could a day short of six months affect my result? The incident was the first time in my life. After this incident I have not involved myself in any risky behaviour. Are my negative test results conclusive? Am I HIV negative? I am very much worried. plzzz reply.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Still Worried,

Yes, of course your "one-day short of six months" negative HIV test is definitive and conclusive. The immune system is not a calendar or stopwatch frevinsakes! Presently we consider three months sufficient for a definitive HIV test result, barring extenuating circumstances.

Time to stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.

Dr. Bob

Previous
LUPUS AND HIV TESTING
Next
Doctor said HIV can only come out after 7 years, im confused.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.