Please help.. I am almost dieing please

Dear

You are doing a great job. I have gone through all the archives but still... please help me. Below is my problem

I had unprotected sex with a sex worker in dubai on 04th dec 2007. After that i realised what a blunder it was... so from that day i started browsing the net an searching for symptoms. By Jan 4th Jan for I was really depressed and worried that I dicided to have tested for HIV. that is after 32 days. The test results for ELISA HIV1 and HIV2 was negetive. Then my tension and anxity reduced but Doctor told me that I need to wait for 3 months and 6 months and do the tests. I started having following symptoms 1.NecK pain 2.Slight Headache for few days. 3. I felt very week and tired for no reason... (the feeling is bit confusing.)

So after 3 months I did the same test again and the result was negative. that was on march 5th.

Now my questions are.

1. I still have recurring neck pain. I search for any swelling on my neck, armpits and groin at least 10 times a day. but still there are no swellings. Is neck pain a symptom of HIV 2. I feel very out of sort.. tired and I feel like taking deep breadth every no and then.. As if i have some illness. Even my wife is having this tirdness problem... 2. I have gone to a GP clinic and consultant a doctor atleast 5 times and explained the problems which i am facing. They told me to check again after 6 months. I am really scared now doctor. Please help me ... 4. I would like to donate every month to your organisation. Please tell me how to do it.

I am really freaked out please help me.. please.

Your HIV risk is unprotected sex with a Dubai pro. That does put you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV.

"Browsing the net searching for symptoms" is never a good idea, as it generally leads to folks becoming ". . . really depressed and worried . . . ."!

A negative HIV test at 32 days, while encouraging, is not definitive, as HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive. However, your negative test at three months is indeed conclusive and WOO-HOOable in my opinion.

Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) and may well be related more to your Internet search for symptoms coupled with anxiety and fear.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. No. Stop poking at your neck, armpits and groin 10 times a day! It's not at all helpful nor is it socially acceptable!

2. Your fatigue and sighing is related to stress, anxiety and depression, not HIV.

3. Personally I feel a three-month negative test is conclusive and definitive. Old guidelines sometimes recommended a follow-up test at six months. With the newer testing techniques I no longer feel this is necessary in most cases (like yours). Some guidelines have reduced the window period from three months to six weeks! (Australia, Massachusetts, etc.) If you remain worried, get a single rapid test at six months to put any residual HIV fears permanently to rest. However, I see absolutely no reason you can't begin WOO-HOOing immediately!

4. Monthly donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) can be set up via credit card or PayPal. Contact us at the foundation's e-mail address, frascinoaidsfound@sbcglobal.net, and we'll help you set up the logistics. Thank you for your willingness to help others in desperate need who were not as lucky as you in dodging the HIV bullet! Your gifts will touch many lives, helping to turn hopelessness into hope. On behalf of those lives, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, indeed you are well!)

To PEP or not to PEP. How do you know when to treat?
Guidance