Help!!! Balding and Not Feeling So Beautiful

Hi Dr. Bob: I was given PEP after what I was told was a relatively low risk occupational incident. Since stopping the PEP my hair seems to be falling out in large amounts. Have you heard of this happening? Is it common? When will it stop? Please help...as right now it looks like I'll be shopping for wigs this weekend and they are crazy expensive!

Some HIV medications, such as 3TC (Epivir) can cause thinning of the hair. This doesn't usually occur with only a 28-day course. There are many other causes for hair loss. I'd suggest you see a dermatologist for an evaluation before assuming your new Yul Brynner or Sinead O'Connor look is related to your PEP. Also, no matter what the cause, if you are losing your hair, you might want to reconsider your plan to shop for a "rug." I think cue balls are hot! (And it's quite fashionable!)

i will donate please help u email before {wb undetmined infor}
Pregnancy with indeterminate western blot test (PREGNANCY WITH INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT)