Use condoms/Get tested

Mine is not a question more a tale to tell, and some advice to those who read this and still have unsafe sex or aint been tested. I last had unsafe sex 16 years, and thought niavely I was fine. Two years ago I lost over 4 stone in weight and developed purple/brown marks on my arms,legs, in fact about 50 of these all over my body. I eventually got tested and was told I had AIDS, KS, various other infections and my CD4 was 120 12% and VL through the roof. Because I waited to get tested I became very ill, something I regret hugely. With a great medical team and good adherence and tolernce to meds I am a lot better, VL <40 CD4 365 23%. The KS melted away but very slowly and weight came back very quickly. So everything is fine. No it is not. I still have problems such as early stage Castlemans, swollen Lymph nodes, huge anxieties and I lost my job. So to these people who ask whether safe sex is a good idea, read my story. To those who are frightened or unsure about getting tested, even if their last risky encounter was years ago, read my story and get checked. I dont want to lecture or moralise but only stop others going through it. Best wishes.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story and wise insights. I'm confident you just may have saved the lives of several anxious folks presently paralyzed with fear by encouraging them to get tested now. There is no doubt in my mind that if I had not been tested after my occupational exposure in January 1991 and just assumed everything was OK (or lived in denial of my exposure), I would be pushing up daisies at this very minute rather than enjoying this amazing double cappuccino at Peet's Coffee.

after 2 mos?
AIDS but HIV Negative? (UNREALISTIC FEARS)