Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob....I'm back and still worried to death...help!!!
Apr 15, 2008

Hi Dr. Bob,

I've wrote you before and you haven't gotten the chance to get back to me. The last time I wrote was last year please help. In Dec. 17th 06 I performed oral sex on a man. There was no ejaculation and no pre-cum (that I could taste). 15 weeks later (April 4th 07)I had a rapid oral test done. The result was negative. My question is was this test result accurate? I haven't had sex since Dec. 06 because of my fear of a non-accurate test. Please help! Should I be tested again? Thanks Dr. Bob.

Sincerely, Your beloved Worry Wart

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worry Wart,

Despite your being back and still being worried to death, I have no additional information for you! Your 15-week oral rapid test was negative. Exactly what part of "HIV negative" are you having difficulty understanding? How is writing repeatedly to me and my repeating the same response over and over going to help? Is your test accurate? Yes. Of course it is! If you don't believe me, repeat it. It will unquestionably be negative again. You have dodged the HIV bullet! Exactly how you choose to live with this wonderful news is up to you. Whether you should continue to be a worry wart instead of a relieved WOO-HOOer is your choice. (So many of us wish we had your "problem.") Wake up and smell the Starbucks dearie!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please help me, friend from SEA
Next
Going Crazy Here

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.