What if mouth swab not propertly taken?

Dr. Bob,

I had a NEGATIVE antibody test at the State dept of health using the oral test 12 MONTHS after my last exposure. I sent in a small donation subsequently and watched your wonderful video CD repeatedly.

Anyway, my question is, do we get a negative result even when the cotton pad didn't pick up the tissues properly, or if it was improperly transported or improperly preserved? (or does it show a message to the effect "sample not collected properly")?

Your answer will put mine and a thousand others' mind to rest I am sure, so please, please, respond.

Thanks!! Ronnie

Hey Ronnie,

If the sample is inadequate or improperly collected, you will get an invalid result, not a negative. So now you and "a thousand others" can relax, OK?

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). I'm delighted you enjoyed our DVD! I'm impressed you watched it "repeatedly!"

Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed "well!")

You have changed me for the better
HIV and syphilis