Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Green Light <-> Red Light?
Apr 14, 2008

Hi Dr.Bob, I was wondering if you could shed some light on this situation. 4 Years ago, I had 5 encounters (CSW's - protected (they provided the condoms)). Bottom line is, there was no kissing, touching, anything just straight protected oral and vag. intercourse. I'm getting married in July and my fiance' is truly the woman of my dreams. Why did the thought of HIV hit my mind last minute? Go figured, but, I manned up and got tested 2 months ago. First, I had (3) Negative Oraquick Oral tests done (the only thing offered) then dumped $165 at PP to have a Uni-Gold Blood test done, I did the annon test so they didn't give me a 'conformation' letter but the nurse showed me the test itself which showed negative (hopefully she conducted the test right). Anyhow, I'm coming up on an intersection Dr.Bob - I need your opinion: Red Light -> go get more testing done since I'm way outside the window period or Green Light -> tie the knot. I haven't even had sex with my fiance' just oral - we're waiting for that special night. God Bless you Dr.Bob. I'll be sending some $$$ your way and please, from the bottom of my heart, I'm sending YOU my good karma so that you remain healthy and strong.

Rick

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Rick,

Green light! All clear for that trip down the aisle and into your happily-ever-after!

All you needed was a single HIV-antibody test to confirm your negative status. You now have four (three OraQuicks and one Uni-Gold). You just can't get any more negative than that! No additional HIV tests are warranted or recommended. You've had too many already!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). You're one gift ill touch many lives.

Please also accept my hearty and heartfelt congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

Good luck! Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Risk of catching HIV with a condom? (CONDOM EFFICACY)
Next
RE:Why dont you answer my question....i know i'm flooding your mailbox by trying to seek answer 5th time.....u gotta understand my pain...plz plz plz answer asap: 30 March' 08

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.