|Your advice really needed
Apr 14, 2008
hi I have read your forums and would like yuor opinion - I am asking everyone... need help. risk factor - fingering with a cut..was not bleeding but skin was clearly broken..
symptoms... slight flu feeling.. not bad bad tingling and burning in feet and less in hands. now - this is the killer - a red spot in the white of my eye.. oh man I am losing it like everyone on here.
please advise - all symptoms are after 10-14 days...
what do you think? really admire your answers.. and will gladly dontate.
ohh so sorry I asked a question beofre - I dont know how it works here... I am going out of my mind here.. this red spot in my eye could be it... I am sick. I wont hassle this forum again do not owrry just wanted to see if you were there.... sorry I am behaving irrationally and am desperate. so sad. thank you for your time if you can spare it though.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Dude, calm down! I suggest you take three big cleansing yoga breaths. Go ahead. We'll wait. There, doesn't that fell better? No? Well OK, but it was worth a try.
Your HIV risk is low. I have no way of evaluating exactly how significant your "clearly broken" skin was, but if it was not actively bleeding your risk is low at best, OK?
No one (this includes you, by the way) should freak out over "symptoms!" Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Your particular symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). In particular your "red spot in the white of your eye!" If you're worried about that, see an ophthalmologist (eye doctor). This is not HIV related!
1. Read the archives of this forum. Yes, all of them. If you're a speed reader it should take you at least three months.
2. If, after reading the entire forum, you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. I'll wager the result will be negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Get HIV From Chlamydia?
- Can I Trust A Negative Rapid HIV Test?
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- Does Having Candidiasis Mean I Have HIV?
- Does Having HPV Mean I Have Hiv?
- How Long Does Gonorrhea Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.