I'm sorry for the stupid Q "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum."

I hooked up with a random at a bar. I do not know his HIV satus, let alone his name. He had a mild cold and we had some hot, passionate make out sessions and then some naughty unprotected oral fun. two days after we hooked up I either 1. got his cold or 2. showing signs of having contracted HIV. I'm scared out of my gucci boots, please answer this question...how long so symptoms appear after a possible exposure?

I'm glad you finally found the correct forum in which to pose your question! I should also mention your answer was already waiting for you in the archives as I've addressed similar questions many times in the past. Once again I remind all questioners to "check the archives." You'll be glad you did, as the information you desire or reassurance you need is often already there waiting for your mouse-click!

Regarding your question, acute retroviral syndrome symptoms manifest themselves two to three weeks after HIV primary infection. Consequently the symptoms you are feeling two days after your random passionate hookup with the bar-guy who had a cold could be related to catching his cold but not to catching HIV. So put your Gucci boots back on and relax Max!

If you feel you placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should get a rapid HIV test at the three-month mark whether or not you have symptoms.

Good luck. (Love the boots, by the way.)

Im almost positive I have it (I'M POSITIVE I HAVE HIV !!!)
Bill from Oberlin with a very quick followup