Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hand Job with Twist
Apr 13, 2008

Dr Bob,

I am back again and need your advice about the following scenario: I am concerned as I visited a sex worker a few weeks ago. She gave me an unprotected hand job that was very vigorous. She proceeded to put a condom on my penis and sat on top for no more than 10 seconds [20 Seconds Maximum] as I did not feel comfortable I stopped. She then just carried on with the condom with a hand job until completion. When I took the condom off I noticed two grazed areas where she had rubbed it hard, with a speckle of blood when wiped with tissue [I mean it was a very faint dot]. The areas were very close to the base of the condom and it was negligible weather one area was exposed or not, I believe they may have been covered.

The next day, both abrasions scabbed over as they were friction burns and healed over a week. When I examined the one area I noticed it was pink like but could not see any deep cuts at the time.

After the 5th - 6th day I felt really tired and weak with hot flushes [A bit of night sweat] and chills . It felt like I was coming down with a cold with slight sore throat , no runny nose . This lasted 2 days and went. Does this sound like ARS?

I have asked numerous people for advice and all said no risk for HIV however, I would appreciate your opinion on this.

A donation as always is on its way, trust the good luck Karma will be sent in return if answered or not.

Your Friend

P.S Hope you are staying well!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Handjob-with-a-Twist Guy,

Your HIV risk is negligible to nonexistent. Your symptoms are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). If you remain worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. Personally I don't feel it's necessary, but if it puts your unwarranted HIV worries permanently to rest, go ahead and get it. The results will undoubtedly be negative. Review the information in the archives of this forum pertaining to how HIV is and is not transmitted, OK?

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly appreciated. Yes, my good-luck karma (with the amazing track record) has indeed been sent with my blessings!

Good luck. Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed well!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Good news!
Next
SHINGLES?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.