Good news!

Hey Bob how you doing?

I just wanted to write back to let you know that my 12 week HIV test returned today as negative. I really am very relieved.

At new year i slept with a girl i didn't know using a condom but it split for about 30 seconds and i replaced it as soon as i noticed. I didn't worry too much about HIV coz i knew it was a low risk and the following week i started to date a lovely girl.

We started off using condoms but gradually moved towards having unprotected sex and after about 2 weeks of us being together she developed swollen glands in her armpits and groin. At the same time i developed a sore throat and i thought, shit, this is ARS for both of us.

Over the following few weeks i struggled to keep our relationship afloat and act normal while all the time i was worried that i had infected her with HIV. I got horrible joint pains in my ankles and wrists and my face became terribly blotchy (probably more to do with smoking and drinking too much and not taking care of myself) and i thought that this was the virus setting in.

Around the same time i lost my job (completely unrelated) and had so much fear i couldn't even begin to look for another one.

I lost 300 pounds of my savings keeping myself afloat and am likely to lose more as i am still out of work.

But i have made it through unscathed and i am so grateful for that.

I just wanted to point out to people that it isn't JUST about protecting yourself. It's about protecting others too. I was unaware of my status and i slept with a girl i really like without using condoms. I couldn't have coped with it had i infected her.

And thank you Robert for your support and replies to my (sometimes too) frequent emails. And thank you for the snail mail donation thanks. And thank you for being such a strong person and helping all us worried sick folk out. You really are a belter!

In the meantime, i'm away to drink some jack daniels and look forward to my new relationship with this amazing girl and be thankful that the virus didn't get me this time.

R

PS I would also like to point out that i know my new girls HIV status as she has a daughter and was screened for HIV during her pregnancy.

Hello R,

Excellent news! WOO-HOO! Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and newfound insights into the need to protect one's self and others!

Stay safe to stay well.

DONATED NEED HELP
Hand Job with Twist