WILL DONATE College student going to medical school and scared shitless

Hi Dr. Bob, I searched the forum for any type of question that was similar to this one but I did not find one that exactly matched. I am going to medical school this fall and I am scared I may have ruined that and my life. I know I may be being a bit paranoid but I had an incident with a stripper about 80 days ago (almost 3 months). I did not have sex with her nor did she touch me but I did touch the outside of her vagina and possibl her mucous membranes but she was not wet at all from what I could feel. I never inserted any of my fingers but I noticed later on that I had a small "cut" on my pointer finger. I did not have a hangnail but the "cut" may have resulte from peeling off those annoying bits of skin that almost all of us get where the skin from the finger meets the nail. I was not nervous about it before but a few days ago, about 3 months after I got a fever and sore throat. I also got a weird rash on my arms about a month after the incident and I got tested. The test was negative and the physician said that the rash did not seem HIV related to her. In fact, she looked at me like she thought I was crazy. I read on the internet (dont know how reliable that is) that the rash usually appears during the time period right before seroconversion occurs. Is this true? I was tested after that and the test was negative. I am definitely going to get tested in a week or so, but for now I wanted to know if my fear is well founded or if I am being overly paranoid? Thanks DR. Bob, and I am also interested in donating, how can I do so??? THanks!!!

Based on your negligible to nonexistent exposure and symptoms that are not at all consistent with HIV, the answer to your question of well founded fear vs. overly paranoid would be overly paranoid! Definitely overly paranoid! Relax Max. Get your rapid HIV test next week. The results will undoubtedly be negative. Yell WOO-HOO! Then spend some time reviewing the information on this site and related links that pertain to how HIV is and is not transmitted. Not only do you personally need this information but one day you'll also need it as a physician advising other young (and not-so-young) folks as to whether their fears are well founded or paranoid as they explore the many highways and byways of human sexual delights. (Be prepared to answer paranoid to the vast majority of these "scared shitless" anxious wrecks!)

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Good luck in medical school!

Got to hand it to you. PLEASE READ. PLEASE!!!
thanks for your work