Circumcised Oral Encounter

Good Day Dr.Bob,

Blessings for your priceless endeavours.

I am a mid 30's male , On March 11,2008 I had an unprotected oral sex performed on me by a stripper. I am circumcised, and the encounter lasted about 20-30 seconds and I had put a condom afterwards, no vaginal insertion.

I am a married and had sex with my wife the following day.

She had then shown some rashes on the back of her arms a week after, the rashes looked like small pimples or goose bumps,no visible blotches or lesions, non-itchy and had lasted for 15 days. I also had a fever (+/- 100 deg)that lasted about 2-3 days at the 17th or 18th day after the exposure. Some watery stool, maybe because of frequent ADVIL meds for the fever, also felt some tingling sensations on my left arm/hands during the fever. Am I and my wife possibly infected with HIV, are these symptoms worrisome of ARS ?

What are our chances based on what I described doc? Am really worried sick.

God bless you on your work and please advise on how to donate to your organisation.

I am praying that you'll find the energy and time to answer my question.

The HIV-transmission risk for insertive oral sex with a partner of unknown HIV status is remote at best. The estimated per-episode risk for unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be even less, as we do not know the HIV status of your Bouncing Betty at the Badda Bing. The "symptoms" you and your wife are demonstrating are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). I agree you are indeed "worried sick." That means you're so worried you are making yourself ill! Your worry and anxiety are most likely related to guilt over this incident rather than to any degree of real HIV risk.

My advice is simple and I've given it to gazillions of guys just like you in the past (check out the archives and you'll see what I mean):

1. Level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

2. Get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark to put any residual fears permanently to rest. The odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this one-time Badda Bing Blowjob.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your willingness to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I'm very confident it will indeed be negative.

You are God's own
What are the odds?