what are my chances of infection?

hi there doctor.i inserted hiv in google and got led to ur site.

anyway i am panicking a bit over a certain issue .

i just got back from a backpacking trip around asia that included vietnam,thailand,cambodia and laos .(grerat trip by the way) any way when i ended up in thailand ,i was coerced by my peers to indulge in the local "delights " and against my better jugdement i had sex with a thai girl i met in a club.i dont know idf she was a prostitute even though i spent money buying her drinks and things like that.

anyway to cut a long story short.we went back to my hotel and had sex .during the act as we were in a doggy position,my condom ripped.i saw and felt it rip and pulled out immediatelky and went to the toilet and washed my penis.i was in a bit of a panic and accused her of murdering me o which she denied she had any sickness .she said she had been tested just three days ago and she claimed to be equally as concerend about me giveing her something.afterwards she showed me pics of her daughter which for some silly reason calmed me down that she may be clean.

any way i moved on and tried to forget about the matter

when i got back home i was at work when i noticed i had a weird feeling in my troath (note i always have an issue with my throath which causes me discomfort that has been bussing me for years since a past situation where i also suspected i had been hiv infected even though every one said i was just panicking including the sti clinic) any way i go into the toilet to check it out and notice white spots on my tonsils.

they dissapered the very next day i had no headache .

no tempretaure i dont know if i had swollen glands in my neck as i am not sure whether it is something u can see or feel.

any way i wanted to know what are my chances of infection?

i heard it is rare for a guy to cath hiv of one instance is this true? urs gratefully

worried guy.

You Googled "HIV" and got me??? Wow, this site really is getting popular!

OK, so let me get this straight. You have a great backpacking trip through Southeast Asia and then get "coerced" by peers into indulging in local delights. "Against your better judgment" you spend a bunch of money buying a Thai gal you met in a club "drinks and things like that." You get her back to your hotel, don your latex play suit and start going at it "doggy-position." Then the condom breaks. So you suddenly freak out and accuse your Thai gal-pal of murdering you???? WHAT?????? Dude, what's up with that? The rest of your story does tend to lend some perspective on your behavior toward HIV. You mention a problem with your throat (not "troath" or "throath," by the way) that has been "bussing" you (whatever the hell that means) for years. This problem you relate to a previous situation in which you suspected you were HIV infected "even though everyone said (you) were just panicking including the STI clinic." So apparently you've been down this panic road before, but hopefully not accusing any previous paramours of murder. The HIV-acquisition risk per episode of unprotected (including condom-failure) penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is estimated to be 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be even less, as we do not know the HIV status of your would-be murderer, I mean club gal-pal.

Symptoms are unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Consequently the only way to determine if you contracted the virus is to get an HIV test at the three-month mark. That is what I recommend you do.

Regarding your question about how rare it is for a guy to contract HIV from a single encounter, I quoted the estimated statistical risk above. However, it's important to note that HIV transmission can occur with only one exposure. HIV transmission is more efficient (and therefore more likely) from an HIV-positive male to an HIV-negative woman than the reverse (HIV-positive woman to HIV-negative male). This is due primarily to biology of the male versus female sex organs and the possibility of infected fluids coming into contact with mucous membranes.

Thank You...but (reposted from anemia and fatigue)
Possible I may be hiv+?