Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am not going to stop?
Apr 8, 2008

Dear Dr bob,

This is the fourth time i am writing to you.I know you have to answer lots and lots of people and so i have no compliant at all.But if you can answer my question i can concentrate on other things. I am from new zealand.I had sex with two thai CSW in august 2006 and sep 2006.I had condom on,but didn't know if it was latex or??With one i had vaginal sex and with another i had vaginal and anal sex.Everything was ok uptil april 2007.then i had eczema and my serum IGE level went to 1010.I had MMR test done and it said that my immune system has been activated.Then my tounge became white,i had night sweats and the skin on my fingers and palm got so dry that it became to crack.I had hiv test.Ora quick advance,icma from labcorp and eia from quest all are negative.i have eitching in my recturm? Do i have to worry about hiv? i am afrid that test in USA are not able to detect Hiv which i might have got from thai CSW?I am in USA.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your multiple negative HIV tests out to seven months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. There is no reason to question the validity of your HIV assays done in the U.S.

Your symptoms, including the sky-high IgE level, itching and dryness, are classic signs and symptoms of eczema. You should see a dermatologist to help you manage your eczema problem.

Stop worrying about HIV and begin WOO-HOOing that you dodged the HIV bullet.

Remember to play safe to stay well, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Finger Frolicking Olympics (check mailed) part 2
Next
Thank You...but (reposted from anemia and fatigue)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.