Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: if it walks like a duck
Apr 8, 2008

Hello Dr. Bob, I have written you (and donated) in the past and you have been very helpful in easing my HIV fears. However, I check the board every other day to see if anybody reports symtpoms similar to mine. And today in the post "If it walks like a duck" I believe I found someone who has a lot of my same sypmtoms. After a ARS like illness (fever, sore throat for 5 months, symmetric red dot rash on the backs of my hands, feet, and knees), I developed Keratosis Pilaris (can't get rid of it), seb derm (face and arms), warts, had staph, reoccurent ear infections, prostate something, the list goes on and on. But point, HIV tests were negative out to a year, protein levels are high at 8.5 due to albumin but really everything else is in range. Don't know what gave me this is initial illness, skin problems, other little minor health problems that is still just lurking around. Please post this so the guy who wrote "if it walks like a duck" will know to post on the bulletin board here where I have opened up a topic called "keratosis pilaris". I go to a small school where the Doctor has no idea of what to do with me so it would really help to talk to someone going through similar problems. .....Any ideas what the heck is wrong with me.

Thanks big guy,

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Sure, I'll post your comment. However, it's important to note your symptoms are not suggestive of ARS. For instance the sore throat seen in ARS would last maybe a week or two, but certainly not five months. The rash you describe is not consistent with ARS rash, etc. There is absolutely no doubt that negative HIV tests out to one year are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Posting your problem on an HIV/AIDS information Web site is most likely not going to be helpful, because one thing that we absolutely know for certain is that your problem is not related to HIV! If indeed your doctor has no idea what to do with you, you should seek a second opinion from one who does. However, part of your problem might well be your preservation on a disease that you definitely do not have!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Cure (HIV VACCINES)
Next
Scared to Death in Iraq Please Help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.