Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

donated before and will do again-really need help
Apr 8, 2008

hi sir hope u r well dr bob i am really depressed after last night episode and really cant figure out my future.feel haunted by fear of acquiring hiv every moment and its affecting my work. pls give me a peace of mind i really need your expert advice.

i met a girl of unknown hiv status and she gave me oral for 2-3 minutes and i came in her mouth.i never did any anal or vaginal sex.after i was done ,washed my penis with soap(didnt find any cuts on my penis as i didnt feel hurt while washing).but what adds to my worry is that i am not sure if there was any amount of blood in her mouth orif she had bleeding gums . do i need to get tested. can i turn positive just because of insertive oral sex. pls answer me .i am in lot of stress. i will donate $100 to your foundation will i be the first documented case of hiv transmission through receiving oral sex.i dont mean to take ur time but badly need ur guidance asfter all u r the best hiv expert on this planet.u will ask me to get tested at 3 month mark and i will do it(NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT IT WILL BE ) but i need ur opinion .will i test positive.thanks for the work you do

ps. sir pls send me your good luck karma.i have learnt a lesson of covering my tallywhacker in all my future sex episodes

andrew

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Andrew,

Oral sex in general carries only a minimal risk for HIV transmission. Insertive sex of any type carries less risk than receptive sex. Your HIV-acquisition risk from a single episode of insertive oral sex with a partner of unknown HIV status is remote to negligible. The statistical odds you did not contract the virus are astronomically in your favor. A single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark will give you definitive proof of your HIV status and should put any and all residual HIV fears permanently to rest.

So, will you be the first documented case of HIV transmission through insertive oral sex? No. I would put odds of that happening similar to those of your winning the $500,000,000 super-lottery and then getting struck dead by a lightening bolt the minute they hand you the check.

Take a read through the archives. We have an entire section on oral sex. The testimonials there should provide you with encouragement and reassurance that all will turn out "well," including you!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your generosity is warmly appreciated. In return, as requested, I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I'll await your WOO-HOO!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Treatment for syphilis (SYPHILIS)
Next
Allergic to latex and polyurethane?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.