lymes

Hi Dr. Bob- Thank you in advance for all of your information and for being so funny at the same time. I was recently diagnosed with lymes due to an IGM infection, negative IGG. I read that false positives for lymes can occur due to autoimmune disorders such as hiv. Because i never had classic symptoms of lymes (tick bite/rash)and I've had fatigue for a long time, I went to an HIV testing center/clinic and they gave me the oraquick oral fluid test. It came back negative and I'm well pass the window perid (5 years). Do you feel I should also have the blood test? Have you ever heard of cross-reaction of lymes testing and hiv? I think I'm being irrational here..but just checking. Sincerely, Perplexed.

Hello Perplexed,

HIV is not an autoimmune disease. It's an infectious disease involving the immune system.

Your negative HIV test five years after your last potential exposure is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your IgM-positive/IgG-negative Lyme's disease antibody test suggests recent infection and would not affect your negative HIV test result.

Response from the Top Engineer + Digital Hugs Attached ;)
prise de risque