is it my imagination?

i just tested positive and i think its really getting into my nerves. i experience severe headaches and a lot of deppression. the question is, how do i tell my mom because she is not the kind of person you wanna mess up with and i think this time around she's really gonna kick me out? and there's my da too. i think i've really disappointed him. the thing is, i've told a few friends and my boyfriend and they are all supportive. how do i handle this because i'm even scared to check my CD4 count? please help me. i dont even know if i'm coping cos it gets scary sometimes.

Testing positive for HIV is always a shock. A period of adjustment to your new reality as a "virally enhanced" person is to be expected. I'm delighted your boyfriend and the other friends you've told so far are supportive. It's tragic and all too commonthat you and others who have recently been diagnosed HIV positive feel you cannot count on your parents to be supportive and instead worry they may kick you out of the house!

Your next step is to see an HIV specialist. He will evaluate your headaches as well as check your CD4 count, viral load and other baseline studies. Discuss your family situation with him. He may well agree to help you tell your parents in a joint meeting. I have personally done this with a number of patients and found it to be extremely helpful in these challenging situations. Alternatively he may be able to hook you up with social services organizations that would help you break the news to your parents and not get thrown out of your home. I'd also recommend you take a read through the information on this site, beginning with the "Just Diagnosed" chapter that can be easily accessed under the heading "Quick Links" on The Body's homepage. Being well versed about HIV is essential for your health and will be helpful when you disclose your status to your folks.

Good luck!

Thank You...but
lipoatrophy side effects on the face