ITS ME AGAIN "WORRIED MOMMY"

I just want to start off any say your are loved more than you ever know!!You have gave sooo many people a peace of mind. The fact that you even take the time to listen to what seem to be crazy questions is a blessing.anyway i guess ill get to my question.my 3 year old recently cut her finger on a toy.it was long scratch.the next day her aunt who may be high risk had a paper cut on her finger.(my childs cut had healed a little) about 20 or 30 minutes later she picked my child up and held her hands.i dont know if she got any blood on her.i dont think she was activley bleeding.the aunt may have had some on her i dont know. i looked at my kids hands after she put her down i didnt see any blood on my child.i just wondered if there have been any cases of transmission like this one.thank you for your time your a angel!!love worried mommy

Hi Worried Mommy,

You can relax Mom. The chance of HIV transmission from the interaction you describe is completely nonexistent. Both your daughter and her aunt would have to be actively bleeding and an adequate amount of HIV-tainted blood would have to get directly into your daughter's open wound for there to be even a chance of HIV-transmission. HIV is actually quite a difficult virus to acquire. Thankfully! Let me give you an example. I was infected by sustaining a hollow-bore needlestick and laceration while performing a procedure on a patient with advanced-stage AIDS. The statistical risk of acquiring HIV from getting a needlestick directly from a patient confirmed to be HIV positive is approximately 1 in 300! So even with very direct and confirmed occupational needlestick exposure, the chance of becoming HIV positive is still only 1 in 300!

So don't worry about your daughter's day-old scratch or the aunt's paper cut. The HIV risk is beyond nonexistent!

Be well. Stay well. Don't worry!

RESPONSE TO CHURCH LADY!!
anyone here developed aids within 18 months?