Apr 1, 2008
I was exposed to some blood a while back and decided taht teh risk was enought to have a course of ARV's as a preventative treatment. I was given ASPEN LAMZID 150mg/300mg. What is the usual duration for a course of these.
Response from Dr. Frascino
The usual duration of a course of nPEP (non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis) is 28 days. You can read more about nPEP in the archives of this forum.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.