3rd time asking. Pledge to donate. Going to Marry Guy Pleads!

Hi Dr BOB,

i really am very panicky over the issue which i experience. it's hard for me to go for any doctors now as i am 1 week away from my wedding.

I am really panicky over the incident where i was out clubbing. There was this girl she was drinking my glass of water, and when i realise it, the water has a stint of reddish most probably because of her gum disease.

I later without thinking drank the water which she contaminated. I later found out that she is HIv positive.

I have lots of ulcers in my mouth and i was having a sore throat at that time.

is it a possible way of transmission? Mouth blood -> Ice Plain water -> my mouth's ulcer ?

Please answer me dr bob. I am worrying every second and is having thoughts about committing into anything before i get your assurance Your reply will very much change One's life (that is me) so that i can move forward.

I will definately donate as i feel that this website provides many people from all countries a oppotunity to talk to a doctor as well as get infomation they need. They feel secure getting the infomation here because it is run by capable people. Please Dr Frascino, i will donate good amount constantly for months. I wouldn't forget what this website provides for me. All the infomation which help myself cool down and lastly your assurance. Thanks ..

Hi Almost Married Guy,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is so remote it is essentially nonexistent. HIV is not spread by casual contact. Even with the possibility your clubbing gal pal had gum disease, the amount of potentially infectious fluids that would have made it into your ice water would not have been sufficient to transmit the virus. Besides, HIV does not live very long outside the body. I see absolutely no cause for worry. Although I don't feel it's medically necessary, if you would feel better about your upcoming trip down the aisle and ultimately to the honeymoon mattress, why not level with your soon-to-be wife and if she's concerned, use condoms for your nookie until the three-month definitive HIV test. The result will undoubtedly be negative. But if you want that absolute level of protection and the psychological reassurance that a formal negative HIV test result can bring, this is one way you can have it all.

Thanks for your pledge to make a tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma for your upcoming marriage and also that your HIV test (if you decide to take it) will be negative.

A God Bless You--Sin is a Sin; GAY OR NOT
Robert, its andrew from Australia!