Deep Throat

Hello doctor Bob. I wrote a week or so ago and I deservedly did not get an answer because from the way I phrased my question the answers were retrievable in the archives. However my digging has came up with a few questions that maybe worthy of your reply, I hope that my addition questions and the $50 donation I just made will make my question answer worthy. Ill tell my story again.

I preformed unprotected oral sex on a man last week. It was my first (and only) time that I had sex with a man, I am male. He says he had a short sexual history with men only receiving oral sex from other men a few times (who really knows). I immediately had a sore throat that is still lingering for 11 days, I hope this is because I went past my gag reflex and I hurt my throat. I swallowed both of his orgasms, the first one I did not even know about as it went directly down my throat, but I tasted the second one.

I had brushed my teeth about one hour before performing, also I assume since I took him so deep would this qualify as rough oral (throat trauma)? Both of these actions should increase my risk, correct? How much of an increase? Is it still low risk? Also, could you be a bit more specific about what is significant exposure? Are just a few drops of infect fluids enough for transmission?

I went to my health care provider a few days back and told him exactly what happened. I went for full STD testing and see him in two weeks for the results. He told me that if everything comes back negative that I am fine and no further testing would be required unless I develop symptoms. Do you agree with that recommendation? I will get another test at the 3 month mark anyway. My stress levels are so high right now I know that I will manage to give myself every symptom in the book, could you please tell me your thoughts and hopefully they will calm my fears of HIV.

Thank you so much Dr. Bob!

PS. My reference number for the donation was XXXXXXXXXXXXXX just so know I was not lying.

Hello Deep Throat Guy,

Your first (and only) guy-on-guy experience and you manage to get his single-barreled yogurt rifle past your gag reflex and while playing tallywhacker tonsil hockey you swallow two loads of baby batter??? Hmm . . . impressive for your first time "out," so to speak. Do you realize lots of married guys can't get their mates to even lick their penis Popsicle let alone deep throat the whole salami? OK, enough flattery. On to your question!

The first point to realize is that, all things considered, oral sex carries only a very small risk for HIV transmission. Yes, it's theoretically possible that brushing your teeth before oral sex could increase transmission risk if you traumatize your gums (bleeding gums). Similarly if his trouser snake did traumatize the back wall of your throat, the transmission risk could also theoretically increase. How much would depend on many factors, including the extent of trauma that was inflicted. Is your HIV-acquisition risk still low? Yes, absolutely. You don't even know the HIV status of your studly Dudley. Are only a few drops of infected fluids enough for HIV transmission? Yes, theoretically they are.

Regarding your STD screen, yes, I agree with your doctor, except on the HIV testing. In that instance I agree with you: A three-month test is warranted.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test remains negative. (I strongly suspect this will indeed be the case.)

RE: GOOD WISHES i just need your opinion
You can get HIV from Mastruabation!