The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

plasmablastic lymphoma

Mar 30, 2008

My partner was just diagnosed with plasmablastic non-Hodgkins lymphoma. We just moved to Dallas and haven't established a relationhip with an HIV doc. How do we find an AIDS Oncologist that might have some experience with this?

Response from Dr. Frascino


I would suggest you search the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site ( There you will find a roster of HIV specialists listed by locale. Once you're established with an HIV specialist you trust, the specialist will refer you to an AIDS-knowledgeable oncologist.

Good luck to both you and your partner.

Dr. Bob

Is oral sex riskier than everyone thinks?
thank you

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint