Oral Sex repeated exposures

Dr Robert I am a 28 years old woman that had only had 1 parter in my life for 1/2 year. We always had protected vaginal sex, but stupidly, unprotected oral in multiple ocasions. He never ejculated inside my (not in my mouth o vagina). The problem? I developed oral thrush (which I had once before without any pevious risk)but this time, I am freaking out thinking I am infected. I know that the only way of knowing is testing, but I am very, very scared and I feel very lonely and depressed. I feel so stupid because I put myself in s much danger. His status in unknown ( he says he is negative, but who knows). I know this has been asked so many times (risk of oral) but is it common for you to see people infeted this way? How common? I have read that oral sex, without ejacultion is a low risk activity, but how low in your experiene? Thank you for your answer and for the amazing job you are doing!

PS. Both you an Dr Steve are so cute and amazing! I am a fan of you and your work and you have made me relized so many things! Expect my donation fighting against this disease is a responsbility of each one of us!

Is it "common" for people to become infected with HIV from oral sex??? No, in fact it is extremely uncommon! Check out the information in the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter devoted to oral sex. I'm confident you'll find the information there reassuring. Your fears are way out of proportion to any real risk. I urge you to get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark to calm your fears. Statistically speaking, the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from oral sex!

Thanks for your kind comments and donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. (I strongly suspect and anticipate it will be!)

Good luck!

Abstinence
why am i worried,guilt??