Abstinence

Dear Dr. Bob: I had almost always unprotected sex as I have read on Internet that transmission of HIV from women to men is virtually nonexistent. Indeed I always tested negative. Finally I had unprotected sex with a woman who later confessed that she was positive. I was scared to death and even I had severe psychological problems. However again to my great surprise I tested negative after 3 and 8 month period. Yet I am so scared now that I practice total abstinence. However, I believe now that if I am really negative then the chance for a man to get HIV infection from a woman is almost the same as to expect from Dubya an intelligent speach in perfect English.

There are over 34,000,000 people infected with HIV in the world today. The majority are men. If indeed you believe the chance of female-to-male HIV transmission is nonexistent (as in the chance of Dubya saying or doing anything remotely intelligent, let alone speak perfect English), then how did all those men get infected? I can assure you they are not all gay or I.V. drug users. Don't be foolish. Even though male-to-female HIV transmission is more efficient and therefore more likely, it has been well established scientifically that female-to-male spread is not merely a possibility; it's a reality. Please note not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission! In fact the vast majority do not, thankfully! However there is absolutely no doubt that having unprotected sex, whether male or female, is playing sexual Russian roulette! You'd have to be dumber than Dubya not to believe the facts!

Stay safe if you want to stay well.

please please answer
Oral Sex repeated exposures