Young and In love Still Waiting!

Dr. Bob, I wrote you about a week back asking you for the go ahead to have unprotected sex with my boyfriend(so long as we both are monogamous, and we will be!). To recap, we went in to get tested together and got our results over the phone together; we were both negative 6 months after our last exposures. We were tested via blood with a rapid test. Sooo..I was wondering if you could give us the go ahead, just to make me feel better, pretty please. Looking forward to your answer...

A very BIG hug, Cynthia

Hello Cynthia,

I did not respond to your previous request because if you read the archives you'll see the type of reassurance you are requesting is not the type I offer! Certainly your negative six-month HIV tests are wonderful news; however, being "young and in love" is not a guarantee that you and your Mr. Right will continue to be completely monogamous in the future, no matter how sure you are right now. Just take a read through the archives and you'll find gazillions of posts of couples who were absolutely certain they would be monogamous forever but unfortunately, as the saying goes, "manure occurreth!" A lapse in judgment due to alcohol or perhaps a particularly hot and horny pizza delivery guy or whatever can turn perfectly good intentions into a nightmare of anxiety. I strongly recommend you and your Mr. (Hopefully) Happy-Ever-After use latex condoms. Not only do they provide an extra layer of protection against STDs due to possible and extremely common human failings, but they also protect against unwanted pregnancy.

Cynthia, that old adage, "better to be safe than sorry," very much applies to your situation.

Be safe. Stay well.

I love conservatives!!
I gave $100.00 Please answer