Will donate, will do anything, just please HELP

Doc Bob,

I wanted to know a few things from you. I am really desperate. I know that symptoms do not equal disease but wanted to see if the symptoms sound like ARS or more like common flu / cold (will get to my risk in a moment)

- Day 32 post exposure (morning have a scratchy throat, light cough but no temperature and feel fine most of day) - Same day around 10pm - fever starts setting in - Day 33 (fever all day ranging from 99.5 - 101.9) - Day 34 around 8am (fever down around normal temp (~98.6 degrees)) Afterwards, experiencing hoarseness (laryngitis and lingering cough to clear my throat)

The total time of the fever lasted 30-36 hours max. Didn't have any swollen nodes or rash and throat was not really sore, more hoarseness than anything else with the need to clear my throat a lot. This cough (not completely dry) and hoarseness have lingered now for a day or two post the fever ending.

This seems to me to be a lot like a nasty cold / flu than anything else given the short nature of this. Have you heard of ARS in this form and lasting for 36 hours? My understanding would have been that it would have lasted at least a few days and symptoms would have been concurrent. I understand that symptoms don't equal disease but just wanted to rule out the fact that this wasn't ARS. I think I have OCD.

Now, for my risk:

A) One time incident with a high risk girl (I am a guy)

B) I fingered her for about 10 minutes but did not see any cuts on my fingers. I checked about an hour afterwards and my cuticle was sore but was not able to draw blood or detect any open cuts that would have drawn blood. I also ran hot water over finger in question to see if I could feel any sensitivity and I couldn't detect any open exposures. I would note that the cuticle was a little sore to the touch as it may have been jammed when I was fingering her (was a little aggressive). As an aside, the area that was sore, looked inflamed the next day.

C) After fingering her, she licked my fingers. We then madeout and she then gave me a blowjob for a minute or two. Would there have been a vaginal fluid transfer from her to me then? I have read other things in the archives that indicate that this is not a risk but wanted to ask you again.

I know you get a lot of questions Doc Bob but I beg you to answer my question. I will donate what I can. Can you pls provide the directions to donate? Please help me Doc Bob. I am so desperate right now.

Bill (also an Oberlin grad)

Hello Oberlin Grad Bill,

I'll start with your HIV-acquisition risk. It's essentially nonexistent. Fingering is not considered to be a significant HIV-transmission risk, assuming the skin is intact. Your concern about HIV-infected vaginal fluids being transmitted from her love canal to your probing fingers to her mouth and then finally on to your throbbing tallywhacker is completely unwarranted.

Next, your symptoms are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

Finally, I should once again mention the reason to worry or consider getting HIV tested is potential HIV-exposure risk, not the presence or absence of symptoms. So no matter what symptoms you may or may not be experiencing, since you did not have an HIV-exposure risk, I see no reason to worry or to get tested.

Oberlin has now instituted an excellent HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention program. If you were a student there now, you would have known not only the information I presented above, but also much, much more. The HIV/AIDS Awareness and Prevention Program at Oberlin is funded through a grant from the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Consequently your donation may well help others from having to endure the anxiety you've been experiencing. Donation information for the foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay safe. Stay well.

Is my dr. up to par?
Is it safe for me to go on a diet