Abstience vs education and condoms

Dear Bob, Just to support the change in the Dubya's abstinence-only-until-marriage sex , I was seraching more info about hiv in spanish, and found that the Spain prevention campaingn is working a lot better than the US campaign, they have needle exchange for drug users, and condom use campaign, nothing about abstinence, the result of their campaigns are awsome, the have reduced the hiv infection from about 7500 cases in 95 to less than 1500 cases in 06, with a lot more people testing than in 95, so if their prevention campaing continue working they will have less than 300 infection cases by 2015 just to inform the readers Spain is a very sexual active country, is not that they are not having sex, the are just having protected safer sex to prevent transmission. the whole analysis could be found in english at http://www.isciii.es/htdocs/pdf/hivaids_surveillance.pdf .

Finally I`m the divorcing italyan living in south america worried about protected oral sex, bathing naked, and worried about transmiting it to my sons, I`m trying not to worry more, I had 15 days cartrige test after the incident, and it was negative, I know I have to wait until the 3 month mark, but I have planned to test again at 1 month 2 months an then at 3 months, becouse the test previuos the 3 month mark eventhoug they are not definitive, they are encouraging, and that will help me with mi anxiety, I`m in a treatment with sicologist to deal with my fears.

Well Dr. Bob thanks again for all your help and just for the church lady, I`m a catholic but I think that God and Jesus in the most of bible jus talk about loving each other, and helping the other like Dr. Bob does, so he will have a granted place in heaven.

Hi Divorcing Italian Guy,

Welcome back to the forum. There is absolutely no doubt about what works for HIV prevention (science-based sex education, needle exchange, etc.) and what does not (abstinence-only-until-marriage). It's been well proven with scientific epidemiological studies plus it's pure common sense. Unfortunately Dubya has a science-proof brain and lacks even a modicum of common sense. That is why the number of new HIV cases per year in the U.S. is being revised upward by as much as 50%! "You're doin' a heck of a job Dubya!"

As for your situation, I remain absolutely confident your HIV-test results will continue to be negative.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes you are indeed well, well, well!)

Is my HIV undetactable
military guy still not over it.