Scared because of lack of proper information?

Dear Doc, I have read many articles regarding HIV prevention and transmission and still I have some awful dread maybe due to lack of information.It has become a mania to be always aware of used condoms or needles spread in the street-not to step on them,to be in some weird contact with them?Is it contageous by being in contact through clothes shoes and after that touching your eyes,mouth or having some scraches, cuts in your skin?Thus I am afraid me or my child of being infected that is why I clean clean evth after getting back home- am I ignorant or simply not well informed;what are the risks of passing infection through textiles or heels or smth. Please clarify and advise how I can make a donation to your brilliant work of trying to find the cure to this contemproary "black death"! Thank you - thanks a lot.

HIV cannot be spread via casual contact, such as the methods you describe. If HIV were transmitted that easily, it would have wiped out the planet years ago. HIV can be transmitted via unprotected sex with an HIV-infected partner, from HIV-positive mother to her unborn child (or through breast feeding) and via blood-to-blood contact, such as getting a transfusion with HIV-tainted blood. You can read more about HIV transmission, both sexual and non-sexual, in the archives of this forum. Your worries are completely unwarranted, OK?

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well.

Semen eye contact
HIV in middle eastern countries