chances?

What are the chances of me being HIV +ve?....well i ask this question because....i am in UAE and about to start a new job. But they do a manditory blood check before issueing work permit. Hiv +ve people are not allowed to live here(i know its bad but thats another topic to discuss). Well i had this encounter with a gal of unknown status(she was Russian and they dont really have a good rep here when it comes to their status). The encounter was unprotected vaginal sex for a few minutes when it got really out of control. Exactly 4 days later i am down with cough(a real baad one) and cold and about 15 days later i got rashes which was rather itchy(they werent reddish as such and most of them were behind my legs and on ma hands and sides).The cough and the rash lasted till about one month later from the day of encounter. So in effect i had cough for almost 3 weeks but rash only for 2 weeks or so and no other symptom that i can recall.

I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. So a just a few words on my chances would do great.

I will surely donote for the good cause.

Thanks

Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. The CDC's estimated per-episode statistical risk for acquiring HIV from insertive unprotected penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, as we do not know the status of your Russian gal-pal. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is or is not HIV infected. Your symptoms are not particularly worrisome for or suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). So the bottom line is that the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this walk on the wild side. OK?

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative.

Good luck!

Scared and worried about HIV infection
blood to eye contact