Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

request from west africa - beg your reply.......donation after arriving in india
Mar 20, 2008

Dr. please help me, i am in west africa now, but in 2 weeks time i will be traveling back to india. Before i travel back i want get your advise. As i told you my earlier mail, i repeat - on end of jan. this year i had sex with a local girl with unknown. we had safe sex with 2 condom on it. after that i have checked the condom, it was without any hole. But before putting the condom that girl handled my penis for removing it from the underwear. My question is - i am afraid her finger were having some vaginal fluids and it infected me. Since last 3 weeks i am facing problem like - abdominal pain, fatigue, sore mouth, lose of appetite, night sweat some time and could not sleep.

i beg you - please atleat this time you answer me...

from here sending donation is difficult, i will send it once i am in India... you are doing excellent jod. Dr. and help people...

waiting for your reply..

thanking you..

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not break, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. Merely handling your trouser snake would not be considered an HIV-transmission risk, even if she had vaginal fluids on her hands. I see no cause for concern or HIV testing. However, if you remain fearful, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark to permanently quell your unwarranted worries. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. Safe travels back to India.

Dr. Bob

Previous
RE: RE: Dr help donation promised
Next
WORRIED SOUL. PLEASE ANSWER

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.