Insurances Woes follow-up and Stiches

Doc Bob,

I emailed and few weeks ago about being denied life insurance without reason and wondering if it could have been because of HIV after a handjob incident. Well the insurnace company finally gave me the reason for denial and it was not HIV related, but rather a minor heart condition. It only took them four weeks to get the answer to me. They really freaked me out.

One last question doc, went to a strip club and had stripper grab my penis and scrotom sac. No big deal, except I realized that two weeks earlier I had a minor procedure done on my testicle (testicle biopsy). It still had the stich on it where she touched (it finally dissovled two days later, and it never bled after the surgery), would this count as an exposre? Is testing warranted? I am thinking "no", but it could not hurt to ask. Donation on the way.

As anticipated HIV was not the issue. (See below.) Handjobs are not a risk for HIV transmission.

As for your ball biopsy, OUCHAMAGOUCHA!!! However, your HIV risk from that Grabbing Greta at the Badda Bing is nonexistent. Testing is not warranted.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

insurane woes and possible woo-hoo Jan 31, 2008

Dr. Bob,

I had the ol rub and tug (nothing else, she was fully clothed) about 12 weeks ago. Well I did not think anything of it until seven weeks after this my insurance company wanted a urine test for an extended policy. No problem I think. Well 5 five weeks later the insurance company denies me coverage. I try to find out why, but of course I have to mail them a letter and when they get around to it they send my info to my doctor. So in the mean time I have been freaking out. I had a hiv test done at my PCP at the 80 day post exposre and it was negative. (They drew blood, not sure which test it was). Would that put me at a "woo-able" level or is it possible that the urine hiv test at seven weeks came up with something that the blood test at 80 days did no?

Insurance companies suck (and not in a good way). They denied your coverage without an explanation? That should be illegal.

A rub and tug is not a risk for HIV acquisition. (Your 80-day negative HIV test confirms this). I would assume the insurance company is redlining your policy for a completely unrelated problem (an issue not related to HIV). Write back and let me know how this turns out.

Hysteria Award
Check up ?