Abstience only clearly not working!

I just read an article that approximately 1 in 4 teenage American girls has or will get an STD. Also saw that reported syphilis cases grew for the seventh straight year (coincidence that the growth started at the onset of Bush's abstinence only policy?) Out of curiosity, I began researching some of Bush's stances on the issue. I came across a great quote from Dubya back during the 2000 election: "People who say abstinence only education doesn't work clearly haven't seen the statistics." I'd like to ask which statistics he is referring to. After devoting millions of dollars to these programs in the past 7 years of his presidency, we haven't seen results. Instead we see increased cases of STDS, HIV infection, and teen pregnancy.

When are these idiots gonna wake up and smell the coffee? Abstinence only education doesn't work. People like sex and are going to have it! Fortunately for me, I was raised in a family where safe sex was and is discussed rather freely between my parents and myself. I feel bad for those individuals who aren't so lucky and will end up making mistakes down the road. Sorry for clogging your inbox but I had to get on my soapbox for this one!

You're welcome on my soapbox anytime! You are correct: abstinence-only-until-marriage is another costly colossal blunder of Dubya's shameful presidency. No doubt "W" does indeed stand for worst president ever!

Is it January 20, 2009 yet?

Continue to spread the word about the abstinence-only fiasco and demand science-based sex education return to our schools.

Past Donor, 2 for 1 special? Masseuse licked tally wacker
Is it Right Time for me Say--wooo,awooo and ahoooo-