Woo Freakin Hoo

Hi Dr. B I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful person, Doctor and soul you are. I have read through your articles for strength and hope. Not to mention my obsession. I was the egg donor with a false positive PCR and Neg Elisa then Neg PCR. I was, to say the least an emotional basket case. I'd say for a year or more. I took a rapid, oh 5 months or so ago and of course was negative. I mean I knew I was. I am going into Nursing and I realized that if a patient came to me with the same story, I would have guided them to see the big "duh" they were too scared to see. The "you are not positive duh". I have put myself sexually at risk far more in the past than where I stand now (monogamous 4 years+),the time I felt I had it the most. I used to constantly convince myself I had "it". Even back when I was 16. I would test obsessively, every three months if not 6. I had my Doctor tell me No she would not test me again. She felt I would get a false positive after so many times, then asked me if I was promiscuous. Yah I was, and at the age of 16 felt the need to test every exposure and thereafter. Yet I wasn't comfortable talking about that part of it, I just wanted my tests done with every risk. My risk was probably at around 25 unprotected exposures, so I felt well warranted about the testing frequency. So I guess I wouldn't change a thing, well maybe exposures. Now after all of my very real and debilitating fears I felt. I am now really able to guide and educate people (totally without judgement) about dealing with, avoiding, learning about, and handling their fear of HIV infection. Kind of like You getting the disease caused you to be the biggest support medically and emotionally for thousands of people afflicted.

You Rock!

Thanks for taking the time to write and share your story and ultimate good news. WOO-de-freakin'-HOO indeed! I do believe your personal experience will indeed enable you to help others with similar unwarranted irrational fears.

Let's rock together, eh?

Stay well.

guy notified me he was positive
Past Donor, 2 for 1 special? Masseuse licked tally wacker