Bible Thumping

Dear Doc

Its J of dynamic duo fame.

Since my little interlude (which is now well over a week ago - where does the time go?) I have taken the time to read through the forums and consider the kind of predicaments people find themselves in.

On the one hand there are the funny encounters of people stressing over whether their chicken soup was laced with HIV, and on the other the very real threats of HIV infections where people have had repeated unprotected sex.

I come from a strong christian background, attend church and come from a religious conservative family. Strictly speaking, when my little incident occured, i should have been asleep and waiting for my wake up call to go to church. Instead i was intoxicated and fooling around with the dynamic duo - wow.

How do I deal with that? I dont know. I have asked for forgiveness, have learnt a valuable lesson and certainly wont be doing that again, but I realise the fallibility of my own humanity and the fact that as humans were are prone to do stupid risky things when we least expect it. No man is better than the other, and one more shot and I would have been butt naked with 4 locals and not compus mentus enough to put a rubber jacket on.

It is for this reason that I would like to take exception to a number of people who use this forum to thump their bibles at the unfortunates who have come into contact with virus, real or otherwise. My Christ came to save and forgive, and hopefully to save and forgive me. He did not come to insult and threaten and certainly not to twist the knife for those who genuinely fear that they may have acquired this terrible virus.

The best friends in my life have often been non-christians, specifically a homosexual couple who despite the craziest antics can make life seem bearable.

Please keep up your excellent work. It is really much appreciated. Donation on its way and if I ever to get to the USA (either Obama or Clinton run no doubt), I'll let you know.

Progress report on my own situation. Your encouraging words have allowed me to do some tentative pre-test woohooing. Knowing that i've got a vanilla ice-cream cone in Iran's chance of being "afflicted" has perked me up a little.

Thanks again for everything, keep up the amazing work and i'll update you at the 6 week mark.

Thanks again. J

Hi J,

Thanks for your insightful and compassionate comments. I couldn't agree more! We are all human and consequently, by definition, we are all prone to making mistakes. I can assure you even yours truly is not immune. In fact some of mine have been real humdingers. I wish all Bible thumpers had the luxury of having a gay couple in their circle of friends. Not only would such an association truly enlighten their closed minds, thereby allowing them to lead more "Christian" (in the true sense of the word) lives, but it would also most likely significantly improve their fashion sense.

Thank you for your tax-deductible gift to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Your one gift will touch many lives, helping to turn hopelessness into hope. On behalf of those lives, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Continue with your WOO-HOO practice sessions. I see no reason to be "tentative" about it. I'm expecting nothing less than a full-throated, ferociously committed performance that will wake the neighbors and have every dog in the neighborhood howling!

Dr help donation promised
Archives close but no cigar! EVERY SYMPTOM IMAGINABLE