nipple clamps, non-republican related

Dear Doctor Bob, I know my question may sound absurd (and I would be quite happy if you say that it is) however it has been really causing me anxiety. My situation is as follows: 5 days ago I had a session with a professional dominatrix, during the session she used nipple clamps on my nibs, for maybe 2 minutes, they were not excessively painful or uncomfortable, after the session I washed myself off including my chest, with water and rubbing alchohol, I did not notice any cuts or abrasions and definitely did not see any blood, two days later while examining myself more closely, I noticed what appears to be a tiny faint dark scab line on my right nib (it is so small that it is invisible from more then five or six inches away. This has caused me the anxiety of the "what ifs" I began to think, what if the previous client was Hiv+, and what if the nipple clamps caused blood to be drawn, and what if the dominatrix neglected to clean the clamps between the sessions (though i did notice that she was cleaning the items used during my session with rubbing alchohol after my session), and what if his minutetraces of blood on the clamps were able to enter my body via those clamps? I then calmed myself by saying that even if all of these unlikely scenarios were to occur the approximate 45 minutes between the last session and my own would be enough to dry\destroy any hiv in the minute traces of blood on the clamps if there were any. Then my (hopefully overactive) mind struck again and I think that with the nipple clamps closed teeth, couldnt that create an airtight environment, similar to an injection needle, that would allow the virus to survive for longer periods of time? So now I'm back to square one ("freaking out") and desperately hoping that the only medical hope you'll advise is seeing a psychiatrist to help with my paranoid overactive mind (this experience has turned me off to bdsm so I won't need to see a shrink for that at least!) Thank you.

Hello Non-Republican Nipple-Clamp Guy,

Nipple clams were not excessively painful or uncomfortable???? OUCHAMAGOUCHA!!! Are you absolutely sure you're not Republican???? Did Doris the Dominatrix look anything like Dick Cheney in drag??? No, probably not. Otherwise he/she would have waterboarded you!!!

I doubt you need to seek the services of a shrink for BD/SM or for this bout of "freaking out." Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. "Nipple clamps closed teeth creating an airtight environment"??? WOW! Your imagination is definitely in overdrive! HIV testing is not warranted. Neither is worrying.

You just need to relax Max. And, of course, continue to vote Democratic. Should you continue to perseverate on this "non-exposure," a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark could be considered to put your unwarranted HIV fears permanently to rest. But please realize the only medical reason to get tested is to calm your rattled nerves.

Stay well. Be well.

Karma Request
Please help...