donation sent - need good luck karma

Hi Dr. Bob,

thank you so much for answering me! (really worried - Feb 29, 2008). I have sent a donation and really need your good luck karma! I still have two months to go until I even get the three month test. It is tough to not let this worry consume me; I read your response every day to keep my spirits up. No need to respond, just say a little prayer for me and wish your good luck! Please spread your good luck karma to all those worried about HIV, living with HIV. I am totally awed by the courage people have, and the courage you have.

Ultra Worried.

Hey Ultra Worried,

An extra dose of Dr. Bob-certified good-luck karma has been signed, sealed and sent with a kiss. Relax, I'm quite confident all will turn out "well," including you!

I'll await your WOO-HOO. (You can start practicing it now, OK?)

Really worried

Insertive oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV acquisition; cunnilingus, even a lower risk still. You can read more about this in the archives. We have a whole chapter dedicated to oral sex. A small healing cold sore could possibly increase transmission risk. However, overall I would say your risk remains very, very low at best. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

I agree with your decision to get a three-month test. It's the most efficient and effective way to put your fears permanently to rest.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'll send you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test is negative. I strongly suspect it will indeed be negative.

CATHOLIC (CHURCH LADYS LATEST RANT!)
Karma Request