CATHOLIC (CHURCH LADYS LATEST RANT!)

Hmmm isn't it funny that when a religious belief doesnt fit into someone's life you have to automatically refer to it as a cult to make yourself feel better. The USA is becoming hell on earth. We allow people to be gay, we allow abortion, we are becoming everything that the bible does not want for us to become. I guarantee you Dr. Bob that if you were not perverted, ooops, I mean gay then you would preach about how great the bible and it's messages are, but since you are perverted (gay) then you refer to Catholicism as a cult. Other then that you are a great man that has done a lot, but now chooses to believe in the BIG BANG THEORY. Do you honestly think that some explosion created emotion, like love, passion, hate etc. Or things like dolphins, mountains, plants etc. The answer is NO. Im sure God will forgive you as you have done WAY more good then bad, he will probably let slide the fact that you choose to be gay, but he will never forgive you for referring to Catholicism as a cult or for rebuking some of the words from the Bible. Sorry for the bashing but we want you to get back to youre Italian roots and become a practicing Catholic again. I dare you to go to a Catholic church again, I guarantee you will love it.

Back again??? Don't you have any other hobbies other than lurking around this forum pestering me? Perhaps it's your prurient interests (now that really would qualify as perverted) or maybe it's just vicarious thrills of feeling superior at the expense of other people's worry and misfortune. Or maybe you're just infatuated with me. Careful, that just might qualify as a sin!

To once again refute your balderdash:

1. I did not refer to Catholicism as a cult to make myself feel better. I used the word because it is accurate. Cult is derived from the Latin word "cultus," which means worship. Its formal definition is "a system or community of religious worship and ritual." OK? Yes, it can have other meanings, such as "an exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest" or "an obsessive, especially faddish devotion to or veneration of a person, principle or thing," however, there is no doubt all religions are indeed cults in the true sense of the word!

2. The U.S. is becoming hell on earth???? Hmm . . . OK, we agree on the global warming issue! Next!

3. We "allow" people to be gay? Sorry dearie, this is where your lack of science and common sense become painfully obvious. Sexual orientation is not a choice. This has been proven beyond even a shadow of a doubt. Your "ex-gay" ministries and "reparative therapy" programs have been a documented colossal failure causing considerable psychological harm to those unlucky enough to have been subjected to them. In other words sweetie, we don't allow people to be gay anymore than we allow you to be straight (if indeed you are).

4. We "allow" abortion? Yep! We do. And if we "allowed" science-based sexual education back into our schools, we'd also significantly decrease the need for abortions. Our focus needs to be on preventing the need for abortions, not outlawing a woman's right to control her own body. Abstinence-only doesn't work! (Your Catholic Priests tried that and we all know how well that worked out!)

5. Calling me perverted is childish. Shame on you.

6. As for the evolution-versus-creationism argument, once again science and common sense come into play. We have an enormous body of solid scientific evidence supporting evolution (Dubya's incredible resemblance to a baboon, for instance) and absolutely no evidence for your belief that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church every Sunday in the Garden of Eden.

7. As for God judging me, that's entirely up to HER. By the way SHE will also be judging you.

8. As for pointing out that the Bible is riddled with inconsistencies and nonsense, I'm merely quoting passages from your book! (See below. I'll reprint them for the edification and amusement of our more intellectual readers.)

9. As for your guarantee that if I went to a Catholic church again I'd love it, well I tried it and I can assure you I did not love it. Guys parading around in dresses and hats that are more gay than anything I've seen at a gay pride parade and swinging incense-filled smoking contraptions (it looked like he was carrying a purse that was on fire), uninspired hymns, a congregation half asleep going through the motions while their minds were miles away and a sermon that somehow seemed to be promoting a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage delivered by a priest who has not only never been married, but is, statistically speaking, probably gay himself. Yeah, I had a marvelous time. What other fun activities would you suggest I try? How about removing my ears with a cheese grater?

So Church Lady, so you won't waste any more of your (or my) time, I'm ending this discussion and putting you on a "permanently ignore" status. Should you write back, as inevitably you will I won't even see it!

So my dear, I guess this is goodbye (and good riddance). This is an HIV-information Web site devoted to science and compassion. (You are sorely lacking in both.)

Ciao! And I'll say a prayer for you. No really. I will.

Church Lady got you on this one! (CHURCH LADY AND HER BIBLE RULES) Feb 8, 2008

You have listed a large number of things you have done that you count as good. What you have not done is profess a belief in Jesus Christ for your salvation (at least not in your response). Also, if you have put your faith in Jesus Christ to save you then you must also do his will which is to follow the Bible which clearly calls homosexuality a sin.

You are obviously confusing your will with the will of God. You obviously have someone you love very much and cannot see yourself without him. But to confuse that with God's will is still sin no matter how long you have been together. Your works will not get you into heaven but will be judged for reward once you are there.

I don't expect my words to immediately influence you but may plant a seed that will develop later. Until then

Hello Churchy-Guy,

Yikes! You think Church Lady "got me" on her rant??? (See below.) Respectfully I would have to disagree. So God's will is I should abandon the love of my life and a 14-year union and I should wait until marriage to have sex??? Hmm . . . . I don't think Jesus, who seems like a pretty reasonable guy to me, would agree. Besides, since gays can't get married, due to rightwing wing-nuts like you, that would mean I would never ever have sex again??? Hmm . . . I'm Italian, so that's impossible, OK? So you are apparently a Bible literalist? Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. You believe that all gay people should heed Leviticus 18:22 which clearly states homosexuality is an abomination. End of debate. OK , that being the case could you also explain some of the other specific laws in the bible and how to follow them? For example:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

My buddy would like to sell his daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

I do hope you'll be able to help me with those problems, just as your reading my forum has hopefully helped you with your pent-up sexual frustrations. In the meantime, I will not be working to get into your twisted version of heaven, but rather continue to help others here on earth. And to use your quotes, "I don't expect my words to immediately influence you but may plant a seed that will develop later. Until then please take care."

Enlightened ???

The "Obama-Hillary" debate from a couple of nights ago was finally civil due to the fact they were told by the Democratic Party that their childish ramblings in past debates were driving undecided voters to McCain. Please don't give these two too much credit or I will really think you don't understand politics.

As for being enlightened, if you call living your life in a gay relationship being enlightened then you my friend are the one that needs enlightened. You obviously don't think homosexuality is a sin and have confessed that you believe in evolution even though the bible is very clear on both. This means you are either a christian living out of the will of God or a non-christian. I am not sure which you are but either way you truly need to be enlightened.

By the way, God wins in the end so you can defend your position on gays and evolution if you would like but I would rather take God's side.

What you call being positive about sex I call promotion of sexual impurity. You have constantly promoted sex out of a committed relationship (i.e. marriage) by cheering for people that have had one night stands (as long as they wear a condom of course). Even if you have a strong sexual perversion don't you think you should encourage these people to get their acts straight or would them getting their acts straight make you feel abnormal??

Why is it that the most closed-minded people think the rest of us need their twisted vision of enlightenment???

"You obviously don't think homosexuality is a sin . . . ." Yep, you got that one right! ". . . and you have confessed that you don't believe in evolution even though the bible is very clear on both." Yep, despite the odd use of the word "confessed," you are correct once again! I'm not at all surprised that you find my medically sound and scientifically based view of a healthy sex life to be "promotion of sexual impurity" and refer to a healthy sexual appetite as "sexual perversion." Well, I do agree the higher powers will have their way in the end and I'm willing to bet SHE is not going to be very happy with your self-righteous, sex-phobic bullshit. By the way, Church Lady, exactly what are you doing here lurking on the sex channel anyway??? I'm sure in your "enlightened world" even reading my comments must be a sin. When judgment day does come, I'll gladly stake my life's work dedicated to helping those in need as an HIV/AIDS physician specialist, as cofounder of two medical clinics devoted to the compassionate and comprehensive care of people living with HIV/AIDS, as founder and president of a not-for-profit charitable organization that has raised well over one million dollars for men, women and children in desperate need living with HIV/AIDS around the world and as an advocate of HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention and treatment. In addition I gladly compare my 14-year loving relationship with my partner Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) to any other union, "sanctified" or not. By the way dearie, what do you have to show for your Bible-driven life?

Well, as Glinda the Good Witch told the Wicked Witch of the West, "Be gone. You have no power here."

Dr. Bob I just need 1 minute of your precious time
donation sent - need good luck karma