Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

6 months after PEP
Mar 11, 2008

Hi Bob,..it appears that your goodluck Karma worked.Its the guy from UK who took PEP 8hrs after high risk exposure(unprotected) from a confirmed positive female,after a drunken night.I have tested negative at 6 months and i thought to let you know this,with the hope that you might post it because i haven't really seen any PEP testimonials here(..well,i think they are all questions or i need to look more)and there might be someone looking it up.Although statistically the scientific risk was low,i think alot of credit has to go PEPs way.Its just sad that people who should be aware of it aren't.You would be forgiven for thinking i was showing off my tonsils to my mates after the news,due to the vast amount of woo-hoo's that have come out of me!I am a changed man now for good and i hope satan will never have his/her way in affecting my sexual judgement! Thanks doc,i have said several prayers for you that blessings be directed your way in a way most fit for you because of the priceless work you do,and will continue to pray for rare souls like yours.Also for anyone else worried,may lord settle your anxieties and may it all be well for you too.Sincerely.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

WOO-HOO! Congratulations! Thanks for taking the time to write in with your good-news follow-up report! I'm sure it will be reassuring to other "PEPers."

As for your initial lapse in judgment, I find it somewhat amusing that you seem to believe that "it's Satan's fault!" Sounds like something Church Lady on Saturday Night Live would say from years ago: "Was it . . . SATAN?!"

Nonetheless, thanks for your kind words, prayers and good wishes.

Dr. Bob

Previous
WIFE WANTS TO HAVE A CHILD BUT DONT KNOW IF I AM CLEAR? PLEASE HELP
Next
Folllow Up to Risky Oral

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.