Negative ELISA and Positive 24 band

Thank you very much for taking time to address the follow up question.

Also, please understand that my offer to make a donation was very sincere and in no way was there to ask you to answer my question.

Matter of fact, since writing the follow up question I have done the following:

First, I have actually made the donation prior to receiving your response as I did more research.

I just typed your name into the search engine and I have learned so much about you as well as your cause.

I grew up in a chidren's home from age 3 to age 18 and I go out of my way to help others as others helped me along the way.

It is obvious from reading about you that you are a very compassionate and caring person. I admire yuou for setting up this website and for creating the foundation. It appears from reading about you that you are no longer in private pratice, rather you have dedicated your life to helping others hrough the foundation as well as writing articles and speaking engagements.

Please keep up the good work and I hank you from the bottom of my heart for answering as many of my concerns as possible. Since my exposure, I have looked at the archives the best I could and tried to come up with all of the answersw to the seven questions that I asked.

It is obvious that I missed some, particularly information on why the P24 band is so controversial with real readings as well as non-real readings.

Hopefully, I will be negative. I have certainly learned my lesson and I can assure you that I have learned more since the exposure than I had in my 26 years of life.

I did not know how ignorant I was.

Again, thank you very much for your kindess!!

I hope you have an enjoyable week next week as you travel.

Your Friend A Nervous Wreck

Hi Nervous Wreck,

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm delighted you utilized the archives to find the information you desired. (I encourage others to do the same!)

As for p24, this is really not controversial. It happens to often be the first band to appear on Western Blot assays during seroconversion. However, p24, like other protein bands, can show up representing nonspecific cross-reacting antibodies having nothing to do with HIV. For a Western Blot test to be considered positive, it must have reactivity to gp120/160 (envelope proteins) plus either gp41 (another envelope protein) or p24 (core protein). The presence of any band pattern that does not meet these criteria for a positive result would be termed an indeterminate result. No bands would be a negative result.

Try not to be nervous. Your chances of being HIV negative are excellent and I'm anticipating a joyous WOO-HOO experience in your future.

Thanks for your generous donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Good luck.

Masterbation (MASTRUBATION)
Moved On